3.06.2010

Runaways Editorial Sketches


Here are a couple of sketches for a Life Style assignment. Everyone was given a movie that is supposed to come out this year and the job to create a high fashion editorial spread based on the film. Dan Krall gave me "The Runaways," the movie with Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning about the all-girl teen rock group. At first I was like "ugh," then DKralls said to draw a muscle car and I was like "STOKED." Totally didn't realize just how much I actually enjoy 70s girl punk until this assignment.
The car in the top piece is a 1974 AMC Gremlin and the grill she's leaning up on in the crotchtacular piece is from a 1972 Javelin, one of my favorite cars ever. Dan chose the first one, so keep your eyes out in the next few days for the final!

No comments:

Post a Comment